Lilymarlene's Patchwork Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

More hexagon quilts


This one wasn't a patch (forgive the pun!) on the other one, but still delightful.....! Actually, it was very good I just couldn't resist the pun.

I am not normally a fan of hexagon quilts, but this one had something extra! I liked the way the colours are arranged, and think it must be a real picture on the bed!

It was done by Pauline Hartley from Slough, UK. It is called "Grannie Pollie's Garden".
Fabric used - Liberty Tana Lawn. Entirely hand stitched (Patchwork and quilting) with cotton thread.

The blurb says "I love flowers and my garden and growing things. This quilt has many flowers and has "grown" over a period of 10 years. Like the garden it has taken patience and given its rewards."
This was an antique one on the Kaffe Fasset stand. There were a lot of antique quilts on his stand to show where he got his inspiration from. This too is a much more imaginative use of hexagons than one normally sees...really pretty. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • I like both these designs, I can't believe the top one is hand stitched, to someone like me, who hasn't any experience, that is just astounding! I would never get out of bed if this was my cover :) Thanks for sharing your photos.

    By Blogger glamlawlib, at Wednesday, 23 August, 2006  

  • I have loads more to load from the show...watch this space!

    By Blogger lilymarlene, at Wednesday, 23 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home