Lilymarlene's Patchwork Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Festival of Quilts, Birmingham, UK

Here is a series of pictures of the quilt that my friends and I liked the best. It got no comments from the judges, and no prize at all!!!! I find we never agree with the overall winner.....and actually this year I couldn't even find which one did win overall. They don't do resettes at this show, so it is difficult to see who does get a mention.
Anyway, the reason why we liked it so much was that it is a hexagon quilt with a difference. Normally I loathe hexagn quilts, but I really loved this.


It was made by a group of quilters....The Clandon Group of The Guildford Quilters. It is called "Liberty Floral Wreath", and is totally made from Liberty Tana Lawn. ("Colour blended to create larger flowers, background bleached, hand piecedand quilted in chainstitch using embroidery thread".) You can have it for £575.
The quilters were Doreen Plumridge (designer), P Bennet, V Oatridge, J Ellis, J Coombes, G Jones and S Beauman.
The blurb says "Our group love of traditional design, together with our love of liberty, no "brainwork" involved, whilst we discussed further quilts.
We voted for it as our visitors choice!
I didn't reduce the pixels size of these so that you can click on the pictures and enlarge it to get a better idea of its beauty. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home