Lilymarlene's Patchwork Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Time to quilt at last!

As it's raining today and I can't get out into the garden, I can spend time at my passion.....hand quilting.
You can't really see the frame I'm using, but it is a copy of the type used by the Durham quilters (among others) and is easy to make and use. It was my Anniversary present this year (35 years!) and I am thrilled with it.
We bought some carpenter's adjustable trestles for support as I wasn't keen on their usual method of balancing it on boxes!
The frame is set up in my sewing room. As it is over 10 ft long it rather fills the space. There is no way I can get to my sewing machine until this is finished....so I have to get on with it. I have done about 18" of 92"...so this will take most of the winter! It is promised for the end of January so I need to get a move on! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • Wow! That is amazing! The colours and patterns are lovely. Hope you have a lovely snug winter working on this! :)

    By Blogger glamlawlib, at Thursday, 16 November, 2006  

  • Great pattern, i don't quilt but know many people that do, here where i live they have a quilt show every yr, were they hang eveyones quilts all over the town and people come from all over the countries to view and buy them. It is amazing all the differant quilts people make, It is truly a work of love.

    By Blogger Lilli & Nevada, at Thursday, 26 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home