Lilymarlene's Patchwork Blog

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hello Everyone!

I'm feeling much better today. So much so that I have been to the plot for a harvest and a much needed tidy up, and this afternoon have been weeding the overgrown asparagus bed.
I haven't taken any pictures as yet, but will do so when I walk the dogs later on.

I "turned the corner" when a friend suggested that I should see my osteopath about my vertigo. I wasn't happy with the doctor's diagnosis, and the drugs were getting nowhere, so I had a natter with the osteo who said he was sure he could help. He did some things which if I had got BPPV as the doctor diagnosed would have made me sick all over the place....but it didn't. He did various other tests and decided that it was spondylosis in my neck, along with a reduced blood flow in the main arteries running up the side of the neck (which was causing the dizziness). 3/4 of an hour of cranial manipulation, and some intensive massage in the upper chest and back and neck region and I left the surgery feeling as though a big dark cloud had gone away. I even found myself whistling and singing later that afternoon.

That was on Monday afternoon. I took it fairly easy yesterday, catching up with much needed housework, but nothing could stop me going to my plot today! Got my fix!!!

9 Comments:

  • Good to hear you're feeling better....wouldn't mind a massage myself...guess it's stress but the back of my neck feels like someones tied a knot in it!
    Bet you were thrilled to get back to your plot....I have a small plaque which says "Gardening Forever, Housework Whenever"...LOL

    By Blogger RUTH, at Wednesday, 05 September, 2007  

  • Hi, this is Tina, the designer of the Mad Color Weave pattern. The pattern is still available and the downloading works for me. Try it again and if you still have problems, e-mail me and I can send the pdf to you directly, okay?

    I hope you're feeling okay - a massage sounds heavenly!

    By Blogger tenacious knitter, at Friday, 21 March, 2008  

  • Hi, Fiona here. Linked to you from a comment you made on Dress A Day's blog. I think your stuff is really interesting - I neither quilt nor garden, but I think about both!! I may have a very small one-off need-to-quilt project this month as a birthday gift. I wonder if you mind whether I just stop by here for inspiration?

    Your truly, in Aberdeen!

    By Blogger Fiona, at Friday, 16 May, 2008  

  • Feel free Fiona.....not that I'd be very inspiring!!! LOL!!!

    By Blogger lilymarlene, at Friday, 16 May, 2008  

  • That's for the comment about i-knit day - it must be a change from quilt shows.

    (The quilt in the last post is very pretty, I hope the recipient liked it.)

    By Blogger Penny, at Wednesday, 10 September, 2008  

  • Always a good idea to get a second (or third) medical opinion, LilyMarlene. So glad it worked. Have you tried Chinese massage? That works on all the acu-pressure points and is incredible for relieving the shoulder pain brought on by too much quilting or gardening or knitting!

    By Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns, at Saturday, 17 October, 2009  

  • Lilymarlene,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.

    I'm glad you were able to find someone to help you. No fun to not feel well.

    Your quilt is beautiful!

    Have a blessed day!
    ~Kris

    By Blogger A Farmstead Pilgrimage..., at Friday, 06 November, 2009  

  • great article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, 16 February, 2010  

  • … Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your lilymarlene.wordpress.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

    YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

    I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

    …Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
    http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

    I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

    …so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

    http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

    Take care - your friend George

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 14 December, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home